Discover Our Difference
At the Women's Health Specialists Clinic, we've assembled a first-class team of providers to implement a new model of collaborative and integrative medicine for women. Our multidisciplinary team offers services in a unique woman-centered environment, conveniently located on the University of Minnesota Medical Center West Bank campus.
Our physicians and advance practice nurses, who also serve as faculty at the University of Minnesota, are specialists in women’s health, focusing on the whole person and making use of all appropriate therapeutic approaches and disciplines so you can reach your goal of achieving optimal health and well being.
As our patient, we believe you are the most powerful player on your health care team. We encourage open communication and a provider-patient relationship based on mutual trust and respect. Knowledge is key, and our goal is to provide you with solid, factual information about your body and your concerns. Together we’ll develop a comprehensive preventive and/or treatment plan that provides you with the best possible outcomes.
Nurse line (612-273-7111)
Our professional team of RN's and LPN's return patient phone calls in-between assisting patients who are in the clinic for appointments. If you are asked to leave a message, this means the nurses are with patients or on the phone helping others. When you leave a message, please include your name, date of birth, a brief description of your question and the phone number where you can be reached. A nurse will return your call the same business day (Monday - Friday). Calls received after 3:30 p.m will be returned the following business day.
Areas of service
- Adolescent gynecology
- Wellness and preventative care, including annual well-woman physical exams and pap smears
- Contraception, emergency contraception (Plan B), and permanent Birth Control (Essure)
- Pregnancy and birth services, including preconception care, fertility planning, prenatal care, ultrasounds, low- and high-risk pregnancy and childbirth
- Menopause and perimenopause management
- Mature women’s health care, including bone health and continence
- On site colposcopy and leep procedures
- Screening mammograms onsite
- Care for gynecologic conditions, including fibroids and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- General gynecology and gynecologic surgery
- Integrative Services, including nutrition, acupuncture, massage and health coaching