Make a Difference Today
We invite you to help make a difference in the lives of our patients and families by becoming a volunteer at University of Minnesota Medical Center and University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and out of high school. If you have any questions about volunteering, call Volunteer Services at 612-273-6565.
Please note that due to revising our volunteer application process, we will not be accepting applications during the month of February, 2018.
Every prospective volunteer must complete the following application process:
- Read the instructions and complete the online application form.
- Provide two personal references from people who are not related to you.
- Complete new volunteer online orientation and training.
- Complete a health assessment with Employee Occupational Health Services.
- Complete a one-on-one interview with a volunteer coordinator.
- Pass a criminal background check, including fingerprinting, as currently mandated by the State of Minnesota Department of Human Services. This may include traveling to an off-site location for fingerprinting.
Volunteers commit to a consistent weekly 3 or 4-hour shift for a 100-hour minimum commitment. Summer-only volunteers commit to 75 hours during June, July and August.