Find lectures and presentations at Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota.
Hot Topics in Aesthetic Dermatology and Surgery, Friday, April 20, 2018
- Description: Presenting leading-edge advances in clinical care and research in aesthetic dermatology and cosmetic surgery. Featuring keynote speaker Dr. Neil Sadick, MD addressing the use of injectables and cosmeceuticals in 2018.
- Details: This event, provided by University of Minnesota Medical School, will take place at the DoubleTree Minneapolis - University Area, 511 Huron Blvd. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414. Register now.
Our Continuing Medical Education programs are presented with the support of Fairview, University of Minnesota and Lillehei Heart Institute.
Matters of the Heart Conference, February 9, 2018
- Description: Discover the latest innovations in caring for your patients who are at risk for or are living with heart disease. Join us Feb. 9, 2018, at the 2018 Matters of the Heart Conference (previously called the Women’s Heart Conference: Matters of the Heart) at Radisson Blu Mall of America.
- Details: For more information, visit the Matters of the Heart Conference page.
Minnesota Valve Symposium, Thursday, April 19 – Friday, April 20, 2018
- Description: The fifth annual Minnesota Valve Symposium is a gathering of local, national and international leaders for a two-day discussion on the latest information about valve disease, including patient evaluation, management guidelines, imaging, pathology, surgical techniques, devices and long-term results of patients with all types of valvular disease, as well as new cardiac innovations in areas of complex PCI and LAA closure.
- Details: For more information, visit the 2018 Minnesota Valve Symposium page
- Register now!
Lillehei Lecture Series
Lillehei Symposium: Progress in Cardiovascular Care
- Description: You'll gain insight from the finest cardiologists in the nation when you participate in our weekly Lillehei Lecture Series. Cardiologists, primary care physicians and other health professionals are welcome to attend and learn about the latest information in treating heart disease.
- Details: For more information, visit the Lillehei Lecture Series page.
- The Lillehei Symposium: Progress in Cardiovascular Care is provided by the University of Minnesota Medical School and presented by the Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division. The conference design invites interactive opportunities through question-and-answer sessions, case discussions, and an EKG skills workshop.
- Details: For more details and registration information, visit the Lillehei Symposium page.
Cardiovascular Grand Rounds
- Description: Physicians and other medical professionals can stay up-to-date on the latest developments in cardiology at weekly meetings of the Cardiovascular Grand Rounds. Grand Rounds present evolving diagnosis and treatment in heart care and provide a relevant, in-depth review of important cardiovascular topics. These meeting are held at the University of Minnesota and are part of the Academic Cardiology Lecture Series.
- Details: Find the Cardiovascular Grand Rounds calendar.
The Palliative Care APRN Externship, May 21-25, 2018 and July 9-13, 2018
- Description: Announcing a 5 day-long immersion course with faculty from the University of Minnesota Health Palliative Care Program. The goal of this program is to provide extensive primary palliative education to APRNs to enrich their competency to care for patients with serious illness. The course combines didactic including pain and symptom management, communication skill building, quality, program development, with clinical. Each cohort includes 6 participants allowing individual participant attention from the site faculty. The program is targeted for novice APRNs, or APRNs seeking a course to update their palliative care skills. The application process is based on rolling admission and program availability.
- Eligibility: APRNs in any setting or role (Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Midwife)
- To Register: Email - Constance Dahlin, MSN, ANP-BC, ACHPN, FPCN, FAAN, Palliative Care APRN Externship Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find our Continuing Medical Education for pediatric specialties.