Creating space for hope and healing
When you adopt a room at University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital, you play an integral part in healing the critically ill and injured children we serve. Our private, customized rooms promote better health outcomes and accelerate healing through their research-based, family-centered design and smart-room technology.
- Adopt A Rooms are 35 percent larger than national standards and provide the privacy, comfort, and infection control that critically ill children need.
- In-room video conferencing helps patients stay connected with family, friends, and school.
- Advanced technology in each room helps to increase a child’s sense of normalcy, while improving treatment and recovery participation.
Meeting families' needs
Every Adopt A Room includes these family-friendly features:
- A large-screen television, computer, video conferencing, and a bedside console that lets patients control almost all of the room’s amenities.
- Comfortable sleeping accommodations for two family members and ample storage.
- A table for sharing a meal or time together and a mini-kitchen, with a microwave and mini-fridge.
How can I adopt a room?
- Individuals, families, or groups can honor someone special in their lives by sponsoring an Adopt A Room for $200,000. (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit rooms, which require less customization, can be adopted for $100,000.) Both options are payable over five years.
- Many companies adopt a room through a five-year plan, hosting fundraising events that build a sense of community among their employees.
CONTACT US ABOUT ADOPTING A ROOM
Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships for M Health
University of Minnesota Foundation