Philanthropy enables discovery and gives care a boost
At University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital, children and their families find compassionate care for the toughest diseases as well as expertise in common childhood conditions. For some families, our hospital provides a ray of hope because, as part of an academic medical system, the U offers promising new treatments available nowhere else. Charitable gifts help make that possible. Make a gift today.
University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital is Minnesota’s only university-affiliated pediatric hospital engaged in leading research with the potential to radically improve the way we care for critically ill children. Its most notable accomplishments include:
- The first pediatric open-heart surgeries using hypothermia and cross-circulation.
- The first successful pediatric bone marrow transplant.
- The first bone marrow transplant to treat a lethal skin disease in children, showing that stem cells contained in bone marrow can repair injured tissue.
- Development of a pioneering technique for transplanting kidneys in infants.
- Development of the high-frequency chest compression system to treat cystic fibrosis.
- Development of less invasive approaches to pediatric heart repair, including leading-edge trials of the pediatric Berlin Heart device, which helps keep kids’ hearts strong until they can receive a transplant.
The University of Minnesota also trains two-thirds of Minnesota’s pediatricians and 80 percent of pediatric specialists in the region.
You can make a difference in the lives of children and families today by:
Your support helps:
- Launch novel laboratory and clinical research that leads to lifesaving advances.
- Connect patients to family, friends, and school via videoconferencing during extended hospital stays.
- Offer places for families to have fun together during difficult times, such as the Kyle Rudolph’s End Zone, Thompson Healing Garden, and Wilf Family Center.
- Recruit and retain a renowned team of experts in more than 60 children’s health specialties.