Together, we transform the health of children.
To bring hope and healing to the children and families we serve by caring for one child at a time, while advancing education, research, and care on behalf of all children. By working as one health care team centered on our patients, University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital along with the entire Fairview system will create exceptional care experiences for children and their families in Minnesota and around the world.
- The child comes first.
- The child and family are the drivers of decision making.
- Families are the child’s primary strength and support and are key partners in the inter-disciplinary team.
- Education and research are critical to the care we provide. We continually drive to discover new knowledge that directly and positively impacts the care we provide.
- All care is developmentally and culturally appropriate.
Our Guiding Principles
- We deliver an exceptional and seamless patient and family centered experience.
- We value, champion and live team-based care. We are ONE interdisciplinary health care team.
- We embrace the spirit of children
- We research to discover and deliver leading-edge treatments and cures for every child we serve.
- We educate the current and next generation of pediatric medical professionals.
- We are an academic pediatric health care system. We are known for highly specialized pediatric care locally, nationally, and internationally.
- We serve our local communities as their community hospital.
- We embrace a culture of quality and performance excellence and use measurement and meaningful data to drive improvement.
- We use our resources effectively to improve quality and patient experience while reducing the overall cost of care to our patients and their families.