Recognized regionally and nationally, we offer a full range of testing services, from rapid testing of patients who are in acute care settings to specialized diagnostic testing of complex disorders, with a strong emphasis on quality, accuracy and timeliness. Results from our innovative testing and analysis of tissues and bodily fluids, including cancer biopsies, blood, and urine, are provided to patients and their care team to support the healthcare decisions they make.
Our pathologists bring translational research and leading-edge technology, including next-generation genomic sequencing, to patient care. Translational research and technology put our pathologists at the forefront of personalized medicine in which researchers, clinicians, and patients work together to develop a treatment plan tailored to each patient’s unique characteristics.
We serve providers and patients throughout the University of Minnesota Health system, and much of Fairview Health Services.
Our team is divided into two areas of pathology, which include:
- Anatomic Pathology: a clinical service to diagnose cancer and other diseases from analysis of tissue samples from biopsies of tissues removed during surgery, including isolated cells from pap smears, or fine-needle aspiration such as breast lumps (cytopathology). We have sub-specialists who are experts in each of the body’s organ systems. Our team has exceptional expertise in cancer and transplant pathology.
- Clinical Pathology: a clinical service to diagnosis disease from bodily fluids, such as blood and urine. Our team has specialists in the areas of clinical chemistry, infectious diseases, hematopathology, molecular diagnostics, cytogenetics, personalized medicine, coagulation, tissue typing (HLA), transfusion medicine and blood banking, and cell therapy/bone transplanation.
Services We Offer
We provide the following services for providers and patients:
- Routine and complex testing
- 24/7 pathology and technical consultation
- Genetic aspects of cancer
- Molecular diagnostics /genomic testing and counseling
- HLA tissue typing
- Cell therapy
- Infectious disease diagnostics
- Flow cytometry immunophenotyping
- Mass spectrometry
- Leading-edge technologies