We will evaluate your child and create a customized program specific to his or her needs. We will develop a home therapy program for use at home with your child in conjunction with the therapy offered at our outpatient clinic.
What we work on:
- Alternative communication methods including electronic devices and sign language
- Auditory comprehension
- Aural (hearing) rehabilitation to help kids with hearing loss, including children with cochlear implants, learn to interpret sounds and to develop spoken language.
- Behavior management, social communication
- Clarity of speech (articulation)
- Communication skills
- Compensatory strategies and modifications in home/classroom
- Dysfluency / stuttering
- Executive function: Short term memory, working memory, new learning, problem solving/goal setting, reasoning skills, prioritizing, attention to task
- Reading comprehension
- Receptive and expressive language delays (developmental or acquired)
- Voice quality and use
- Written expression