Integrative therapies can help in many ways
Any health journey impacts each patient’s mind, body and spirit. Our goal is to help provide comfort and guidance to patients and their families throughout that journey. We do this by:
- Improving the care experiences for patients and families.
- Improving symptom management.
- Enhancing the patient and family’s resiliency and capacity to cope by focusing on well-being and preventive ways of managing health.
Any child, along with his or her family, who is experiencing an acute or chronic health condition can benefit from this program. The mind-body connection is so important in supporting health. It is especially vital for anyone dealing with illness. Integrative therapies help children and families to practice happy and relaxed states of mind so that their bodies can relax and function better. Integrative therapies are safe and effective when combined with medications and other tools for managing side effects of treatment. They are also tools for coping better with the disruptions that are a part of complex illness and hospitalizations.
What services we offer
- Acupoint therapy: includes acupressure/acupuncture, Shoni-Shin and laser therapy. This promotes the body’s natural healing ability and helps improve function by helping regulate flow of energy throughout the body, according to Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Aromatherapy: promotes physical and psychological wellbeing through the therapeutic use of essential oils.
- Biofeedback therapy: uses sensors to measure physiologic responses such as breathing, heart rate or skin temperature. Through this, the patient learns to recognize and regulate changes in the body and develop ways to relax and find calmness to reduce physical and emotional symptoms.
- Breathwork: focuses on the breath, blood flow to the brain and body are increased. This leads to decreased muscle tension and increased relaxation.
- Energy therapy: such as Reiki, Healing Touch or Tui na, uses subtle energy and light touch to promote rest and relaxation and reduce pain, upset stomach and feelings of worry or sadness.
- Guided imagery: uses creative imagination to imagine a place that promotes rest, relaxation and healing. A healthcare provider, family member or CD can be a helpful guide during this process.
- Music therapy: is the evidence-informed use of music with a credentialed music therapist to promote personalized therapeutic outcomes. Music therapy can be helpful for anxiety management, symptom management, developmental stimulation, emotional support, family support, procedural support, or end-of-life care.vailable, schedule with front desk as soon as possible
- Nutrition consultation: suggests food choices tailored to your child’s needs that help children and families maintain good nutrition.
- Self-hypnosis: focuses the use of imagination to achieve a specific goal.
- Yoga: provides physical and emotional healing through breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures.
- Advising patients on appropriate natural and homeopathic supplements and remedies for each patient's unique needs
Your health plan may require a referral from your doctor or provider in order for charges to be covered by your health plan. Please speak to a representative from your health plan to learn more, or call one of our financial counselors (612-626-5768) if you have questions.