The Adoption Medicine Clinic is an outpatient clinic serving families with children adopted domestically, internationally, and in foster care. Founded in 1986, our clinic is a global leader in adoption medicine, research, education and advocacy. Our providers have completed more than 30,000 pre-adoption reviews for children in over 40 countries. We provide pre-adoption consultations, medical reviews and comprehensive post-adoption care.
We can guide you toward services and medical specialties to support you and your child. We offer comprehensive, coordinated care and can help to facilitate local, national or international visits for full assessments. Our services include:
- Pre-adoption: Medical consultations (checklist review), and preadoption medical review of referrals
- Post-adoption: Clinical care including comprehensive whole child assessments
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD): Evaluations, diagnosis and intervention recommendations
- Mental and behavioral health: Services include development and psychological needs assessments
- Research, education and advocacy: Best practices in prevention and intervention, training of the next generation of physicians, international advocacy
Our mission is to help families heal children who are adopted, in foster care and advocate for those remaining in institutional care throughout the world. Learn more