The Adoption Medicine Clinic is an outpatient clinic serving families with children adopted domestically, internationally, and in foster care. Founded in 1986, our clinic is a global leader in adoption medicine, research, education and advocacy. Our providers have completed more than 30,000 pre-adoption reviews for children in over 40 countries. We provide pre-adoption consultations, medical reviews, travel counseling, and comprehensive post-adoption care.
We can guide you toward services and medical specialties to support you and your child. We offer comprehensive, coordinated care and can help to facilitate local, national or international visits for full assessments. Our services include:
- Pre-adoption: Medical consultations, medical review of referrals and travel counseling
- Post-adoption: Clinical care including comprehensive whole child assessments
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD): Evaluations and intervention recommendations
- Mental and behavioral health: Services include development and attachment counseling
- Research, education and advocacy: Best practices in prevention and intervention
Our mission is to help make sure families are prepared to make the decision of a lifetime, and, once your child has come home, to support you in making this transition and beyond. Learn more