We are a teaching facility affiliated with the University of Minnesota Medical School. Our team is composed of world-renowned experts skilled at managing and treating individuals with mental health needs. We offer a wide range of new treatment options for patients with anxiety, depression, and chemical dependency among other mental health conditions.
The Psychiatry Clinic with University of Minnesota Health is offering Integrative Wellness Services to help patients cultivate mental health and emotional wellbeing. Our approach blends conventional psychiatry and behavioral health with the best evidence-informed strategies from integrative and functional medicine, including;
- brain-friendly nutrition and supplements
- mindfulness and self-compassion training
- mind-body movement
- healthy lifestyle habits
- enhancement of positive emotions
Our team of providers include an integrative psychiatrist, acupuncturist/naturopathic physician, holistic health coach and yoga and positive psychology trainer. We work with our patients to optimize their wellbeing and collaborate with their established care team. We are proud to offer comprehensive services for adults and selected services for teens and children. Care is provided in both group and individual wellness sessions.
Behavioral Health Clinic for Families:
Movement and Breath work for Mental Health (4 weeks).
This course draws on various strategies- from yoga, tai chi and qigong to tapping, shaking and walking meditation. The practices restore calm, increase energy and improve emotional wellbeing and quality of life.
*Classes are Tuesdays 12-1 pm, Sept. 10 – Oct. 15, 2019.
Future Specialized Courses:
- Thriving with ADHD
- Thriving with Anxiety and Depression (adult and family programs)
- Wellness or mind-body programming is an educational offering and not a clinical treatment such as psychotherapy. The program may not be appropriate for persons experiencing recent grief or trauma, serious mental or physical health challenges, chemical dependencies or suicidal feelings. If any of these apply to you, please contact the facilitator prior to beginning the session. Should the instructor determine that the program is not appropriate at this time, you will receive a full refund.
- This wellness programming includes skill training or practice in relaxation and meditation methods as well as gentle stretching (yoga) exercises. I understand that if for any reason I am unable to, or think it unwise to engage in these techniques and exercises whether during the weekly class sessions or at home, I am under no obligation to engage in these techniques nor will I hold the facilitator, the instructor, or the above named facility liable for any injury sustained from these exercises.
- I understand that I am not to attend sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs.