Our board-certified palliative medicine physicians, nurses and clinical social workers offer palliative care in our palliative care clinic and also in the hospital.
Our services include:
- Treatments for relieving pain and other symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, breathlessness, depression and anxiety
- Counseling and therapy for depression, anxiety, hopelessness, grief and family challenges related to living with a serious medical illness
- Assistance and support in making difficult medical decisions
- Help in making sure that patients are as comfortable and active as possible
- Access to complementary treatments, such as guided imagery and self-hypnosis training
- Assistance with family challenges such as difficult communications, coping with the stress of a serious illness or the unique needs of children to understand and cope with the illness of a loved one
A leader in palliative/supportive care
Our program has a strong focus on education. We offer a palliative medicine fellowship and palliative clinical social work fellowship, in addition to training other healthcare professionals in palliative medicine.
Our program was designated as a Palliative Care Leadership Center™ by the Center to Advance Palliative Care in 2003. Through this program, we provide training in palliative care program development to teams from across the country.