Our multidisciplinary team understands the unique needs of women, and includes cardiologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered dietitians, cardiac rehabilitation therapists and others who deliver the best in heart care to women.
A heart health assessment appointment at the Women’s Heart Clinic will include:
- 30-minute cardiovascular risk assessment with a nurse practitioner or physician assistant
- 30-minute nutrition assessment with a registered dietitian
- 30-minute physical activity assessment with a cardiac rehabilitation therapist
- An electrocardiogram (EKG) and/or anklebrachial index (ABI), and lab work
- A personalized cardiac risk assessment summary for you to keep
Before the initial visit, patients will be asked to complete a health history form, keep a diet log for a week and determine their goals for the process and the clinic. If, during the appointment, the nurse practitioner finds symptoms that are suggestive of heart disease or if the risk assessment falls into an intermediate or high-risk category, patients will be referred to a cardiologist.