MINCEP Epilepsy Care is a Level 4 Comprehensive Epilepsy Center recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. MINCEP was the first comprehensive epilepsy center in the United States and has served as a model for epilepsy centers throughout the world since 1964. We provide the highest standard of care including:
- Neuro-diagnostic monitoring, such as video EEG
- Medical, neuro-psychological and psychosocial evaluations
- Electroencephalogram (EEG), to record electrical activity
- Epilepsy-directed brain MRI
- Complete evaluation for epilepsy surgery, including intracranial electrodes
New and improved ways of treating epilepsy
Watch in 360-degree video as Neurosurgeon Michael Park, MD, PhD uses a new Robotic Surgical Assistant (ROSA) robot to implant electrodes into the brain of an epilepsy patient. University of Minnesota Medical Center is one of only 39 hospitals in the country equipped with a ROSA device, which allows surgeons to conduct certain procedures with greater accuracy and efficiency.