To protect our patients from the flu and other common illnesses, M Health Fairview locations enforce visitor restrictions year round. Due to the spread of COVID-19 in Minnesota, we have taken additional steps to ensure the health of our patients, including the implementation of enhanced visitor restrictions at all M Health Fairview locations. View a list of our locations here.
Hospital Visitor Restrictions
A limited number of visitors are allowed at M Health Fairview hospitals and hospital-based clinics. We understand that limiting visitors may be difficult for our patients and families. Our top priority is to protect the health and safety of our patients. Patients are encouraged to work with their care team to find other ways to connect with their loved ones.
- One consistent visitor will be permitted per adult patient for the patient’s entire stay.
- Children (under age 18) can have two visitors; they must be the same individuals for the patient’s entire stay.
- Obstetric patients may have a doula present in addition to their one visitor.
- No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed to enter.
- Adult surgical patients can have one visitor only during the preoperative phase; children can have visitors throughout the surgical process.
- Patients with disabilities may have a designated support person accompany the patient. Family members, service-providers, or other individuals knowledgeable about the needs of the person with a disability may serve as a designated support person.
- Compassionate exceptions will be made for end-of-life care.
- Visitors are not allowed for patients with confirmed COVID-19 or symptomatic patients suspected of having COVID-19 (exceptions are made for pediatric and obstetric patients).
- People who are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to visit patients.
- Visitation hours for inpatients are 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (Pediatrics and obstetrics do not have restricted visiting hours).
Outpatient Clinic Visitor Restrictions
To ensure the safety of our patients and families, we continue to encourage patients to attend clinic appointments alone. When necessary, one visitor may escort a patient to their outpatient/clinic appointment. Pediatric patients may be accompanied by two visitors for their appointment. No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed.
Visitors are not allowed to accompany patients in congregate care settings such as infusion and dialysis.
Capacity for visitors is subject to social distancing requirements. When volumes prevent sufficient distancing, visitors may be asked to return when the patient is ready.
All visitors to our hospitals and clinics will be screened for symptoms and COVID-19 risk at each visit.
- Watch for signs at the location you are visiting for more information.
- Everyone – including patients, visitors, employees, and others – is required to wear a mask when entering one of our clinics, hospitals, or other locations.
Connecting with your loved ones during visitor restrictions
We understand that not visiting loved ones is difficult. We encourage patients to work with their care team on alternative methods to connect and give and receive support. Learn how you can connect virtually with your loved one during these times through our handout.
No preventive vaccines or antiviral treatments are currently available for the virus causing COVID-19. Help us reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission by taking these steps:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not readily available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
Stay up-to-date on the COVID-19 pandemic by visiting the Minnesota Department of Health’s website or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention resource.
Valet services are suspended until further notice.
Suspending our valet services is another precaution that we are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please self-park your vehicle before entering our facilities. See addresses and maps for available parking below.
- M Health Fairview Clinics and Surgery Center – Minneapolis
Oak Street Ramp: 401 Oak Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55415 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital
East Ramp: 6401 France Avenue S., Edina, MN 55435 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview St. Joseph’s Hospital
10th Street Ramp: 59 W. 10th St., St. Paul, MN 55102 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital
Green Garage: 2450 Riverside Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55454 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center, East Bank Campus Unit J/Main Hospital
Patient and Visitor Ramp: 601 Delaware St. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center, West Bank Campus
Gold Garage/Rehab Building: 2512 S. 7th St., Minneapolis, MN 55454 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center, West Bank Campus West Circle/adult education
Red Ramp: 616 24th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55454 (MAP)