To protect our patients from the flu and other common illnesses, M Health Fairview locations enforce visitor restrictions year round. Due to the spread of COVID-19 in Minnesota, we are taking additional steps to ensure the health of our patients. Beginning Tuesday, March 17, we implemented enhanced visitor restrictions at all M Health Fairview locations. View a list of our locations here.
Enhanced Visitor Restrictions
No visitors are allowed on campus. Patients are encouraged to work with their care team to find other ways to connect with their loved ones.
- Compassionate exceptions will be made for end-of-life care.
- Pediatrics patients may have one parent or legal guardian
- NICU and Labor and Delivery may have one visitor age 18 or older.
- If necessary, one person (legal guardian, parent of a minor, or a healthcare decision-maker) may escort a patient to their outpatient/clinic appointment.
- People who are sick or displaying symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to visit patients.
All visitors to our hospitals and clinics will be screened for symptoms and COVID-19 risk at each visit.
- Watch for signs at the location you are visiting for more information.
- Everyone – including patients, visitors, employees, and others – is required to wear a mask when entering one of our clinics, hospitals, or other locations.
This was not an easy decision to make. We realize that this may be difficult for our patients and their families. Our top priority is to protect the health and safety of our patients.
Connecting with your loved ones during visitor restrictions
We understand that not visiting loved ones is difficult. We encourage patients to work with their care team on alternative methods to connect and give and receive support. Learn how you can connect virtually with your loved one during these times through our handout.
No preventive vaccines or antiviral treatments are currently available for the virus causing COVID-19. Help us reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission by taking these steps:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not readily available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
Stay up-to-date on the COVID-19 pandemic by visiting the Minnesota Department of Health’s website or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention resource.
Valet services are suspended until further notice.
Suspending our valet services is another precaution that we are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please self-park your vehicle before entering our facilities. See addresses and maps for available parking below.
- M Health Fairview Clinics and Surgery Center – Minneapolis
Oak Street Ramp: 401 Oak Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55415 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital
East Ramp: 6401 France Avenue S., Edina, MN 55435 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview St. Joseph’s Hospital
10th Street Ramp: 59 W. 10th St., St. Paul, MN 55102 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital
Green Garage: 2450 Riverside Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55454 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center, East Bank Campus Unit J/Main Hospital
Patient and Visitor Ramp: 601 Delaware St. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center, West Bank Campus
Gold Garage/Rehab Building: 2512 S. 7th St., Minneapolis, MN 55454 (MAP)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center, West Bank Campus West Circle/adult education
Red Ramp: 616 24th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55454 (MAP)