Patients can expect a new and extraordinary experience when our Clinics and Surgery Center opens on Feb. 29. But if you’re curious just how many medical services are located in our new center, or how many exam rooms we have, you’ve come to the right place.
To satisfy your curiosity, we’ve broken down the new, $165 million Clinics and Surgery Center by the numbers below.
Click here to learn more about the guiding principles of our building—including an improved patient care experience and innovation. For other frequently asked questions about directions, parking and services, click here.
- 2 principles guiding the building design: flexibility and innovation
- 342,000 square feet of space filled with state-of-the-art amenities
- 5 stories housing a diverse array of multi-disciplinary clinics or medical services
- 171 spacious, 11x10-foot exam rooms with ample capacity for family and care providers
- 28 collaboration spaces, where physicians and staff will meet to discuss your care
- 10 outpatient operating rooms in our Ambulatory Surgery Center
- 6 procedure rooms for minor surgeries and procedures requiring conscious sedation
- 1 Preoperative Assessment Center, dedicated to helping you prepare for surgery
- 1 Advanced Treatment Center—for cancer and non-cancer infusion treatment—designed to create a comfortable and optimal patient experience
- 30 state-of-the-art infusion bays for cancer treatment
- 2 pharmacies, one for general use and one for infusion patients, conveniently located so you can get your prescriptions on the way home
- 1 University of Minnesota Physicians Dental Clinic as an affiliated and integrated health science partner
- 1 Fairview Health Services Institute for Athletic Medicine Clinic, staffed by a team of physical therapists, hand therapists, certified athletic trainers and chiropractors specializing in caring for muscles, bones and joints
- 1 Fulton Street Café with a healthy menu
- 2 MRI scanners, 2 CT scanners, 2 X-ray machines and 3 ultrasound machines
- 12 hours each day on weekdays and 4 hours on Saturdays for your convenience.
- 37 medical specialties, all located in one location for your care convenience.
- More than 600 physicians, all working under one roof to help patients and advance medical care
- More than 1,200 care providers, all working to ensure your medical needs are met
- 15 patient concierges, available to guide your through the facility
- 1 soon-to-be-hired liaison to connect you with our 160 research coordinators, who bring leading-edge medical innovations and clinical trials to our patients
- 1,400 Care Connect badges for patients that will allow us to reduce appointment wait times and streamline your care experience
- 30 Discovery Screens to help you learn about available clinical trials.
- 5 Discovery Bars with tablets available for patients to help them access information about care
- 45 valet specialists, who will reduce the hassle of finding a parking spot.
- 5 valet check-out screens—one on each floor—so that you can request pickup and pay for services when you’re ready to go
- 3 shuttles to get you to and from other locations at the University of Minnesota Medical Center